Former India wicketkeeper Saba Karim was on Saturday appointed as General Manager (Cricket Operations) of the Board of Control for Cricket in India.
He was 51 and was in charge of BCCI's cricket operations till last month for nearly four years.
Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) acting president C.K. Khanna on Wednesday said that the new coach for the Indian cricket team, whose tenure will be fixed at least till 2019 World Cup, will be announced before the Sri Lankan tour.
The Committee of Administrators (COA) on Tuesday instructed Board of Control for Cricket in India not to scrap the Duleep Trophy from the domestic calendar after the tournament was removed, keeping technical committee chairman Sourav Ganguly in dark.
"Congratulations to BCCI and Karnataka Government for resolving this long-standing issue. Special thanks to Amitabh Choudhary for making extra effort," Khanna said in a statement.
According to a source in the BCCI, Kumble said: 'He doesn't want to continue with the team'
BCCI president Anurag Thakur and coach Anil Kumble on Wednesday attended a meeting with ICC and Hawk Eye representatives, who made a detailed presentation of the upgraded version of Decision Review System (DRS). There are talks that DRS could be used during the upcoming India-England series, comprising five Tests, or during the series against Australia later. As per initial feedback, the BCCI bigwigs including the president and the coach have felt that there are "some improvements" which meant that some of India's issues have been addressed in the upgraded system.
Ganguly is one of the 11 members of the world cricket committee, chaired by Mike Brearley of MCC, which announced the new Laws of Cricket, to be incorporated in the ICC Playing Conditions.
The Delhi high court-appointed observer Justice Mukul Mudgal on Wednesday issued a stern warning to the Delhi & Districts Cricket Association (DDCA), stating that 'any hindrance caused by any official in preparation of the matches (domestic and international), the blame of the failure will be entirely on the DDCA officials'.
England's James Anderson and Ravindra Jadeja of India were found not guilty of breaching the ICC Code of Conduct by Gordon Lewis AM, the Judicial Commissioner.